Useful Information for the Next Service
Sunday 4th December 2016: 2nd Sunday of Advent
Common Worship – Holy Communion Celebrant: Revd Roger Smith
Our Communion bread is gluten-free
Hymn 528: Wait for the Lord during the lighting of the Advent Ring
Hymn 401: On Jordan's bank the Baptist's cry
Collect for the Day:
O Lord, raise up, we pray, your power and come among us, and with great might succour us; that whereas, through our sins and wickedness we are grievously hindered in running the race that is set before us, your bountiful grace and mercy may speedily help and deliver us; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, to whom with you and the Holy Spirit, be honour and glory, now and for ever.
1st Reading: Isaiah 11.1-10 Rosemary Barrow
Hymn 328: Make me a channel of your peace
Gospel: Matthew 3.1-12
Intercessions: Jenny Morgan
Introduction to the Peace:
May the God of peace make you perfect and holy, that you may be kept safe and blameless in spirit, soul and body, for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Hymn: Listen, let your heart keep seeking (printed sheet)
Chalice administrators: Bobbie Trickett and Patricia Bigot
Father in heaven, who sent your Son to redeem the world and will send him again to be our judge: give us grace so to imitate him in the humility and purity of his first coming that, when he comes again, we may be ready to greet him with joyful love and firm faith; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Hymn 9: All creatures of our God and King
Refreshments: David Mickelborough
NEXT SERVICES: (all services at 10.30 am at St Pargoire unless otherwise stated)
Sunday 11th December Fontès Carol Service at 3.00 pm
Saturday 24th December (Common Worship) Christmas Eve at 6.30 pm
Sunday 8th January (Common Worship) The Baptism of Christ
Saturday 28th January Christian Unity service: to be confirmed
Our regular services are held on the 2nd Sunday each month at 10:30 am, throughout the year
For full information on our activities please check our website: www.heraultenglishchurch.fr
1. Take advantage of the tax laws! If you pay tax, in France or in the UK, it's now easy to give more to the Chaplaincy at the same cost, to give the same amount at a lower cost, or something in between. Please ask Patricia or Nigel for details.
2. The Prayer Group meets at Saint-Joseph de Mont-Rouge, just north of Puimisson, from 10.30 am to 11.30 am on the second Wednesday of each month. If you would like more information, please contact: Jenny Morgan, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 67 88 02 92. Next meeting 14th December
3. The Breakfast Club usually meets on the first Sunday of each month, starting with breakfast at 9.45 am, followed by an “easy going” Bible study and ending at about 11.30 am. All are welcome. Next meetings : See Breakfast club page
4. We still need volunteers for various duties over the next few months. Please put yourself forward for one of these – readings; intercessions; refreshments; linen [washing altar linen & tea towels, etc. after the service]; welcomers – giving out and collecting in the service books and hymn books. Please let me know, thank you, Patricia.
5. Barry and Barbara Marsh, who are in contact with Restos du Coeur, have asked if it would be possible for us to donate tins, pasta, etc. They asked me to thank everyone who is participating as there is never enough and there are always more people who need help.
6. Bobbie Trickett is selling books at the back of the church for 1 € each (3 for 2 €) in aid ofHope for South Africa's Children. Please take a look and feel free to buy one or two and to donate any books you no longer want.
7. Our Safeguarding Officer is Jenny Morgan. If you have any questions please contact her mail: email@example.com or 04 67 88 02 92.
8. Our Music Committee would like any suggestions you may have for hymns, please contact Alison Kane by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org